What to know before having your vehicle repaired:
- Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages.
- You are not requied by law to obtain multiple estimates.
- You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice.
- A car is one of your largest investments. Have it repaired properly.
- Professional shops will explain the entire process. Ask about it.
- Read and understand your policy. Ask your agent to explain it.
How to pick a repair facility:
- Technical Training: look for I-CAR Gold certifications.
- Computerized Estimating Systems: assures an accurate estimate of cost and labor.
- Precision frame and unibody equipment.
- High level Customer Satifaction(CSI) Rating.
- Guarantee/Warranty: Quality shops will guarantee their work in writing(lifetime).
Q: Do I have to come in for an estimate?
A: Actually no. If you have a smart phone or digital camera you can upload your photos directly to our website. The photos emails us confidentially so we can write a preliminary estimate for you in less than 24 hours! Gotta love technology!
Q: How can you see all of the damage from just photos?
A: We can see enough to begin the claims process from photos. To get a more detail estimate we would need to disassemble the vehicle.
Q: Can we choose Key Auto Body instead of the shop the insurance company tells us to go to?
A: Yes, by California Law you have the right to choose your repair facility. We are glad to work with all insurance companies and will handle the majority of the claims process for you.
Q: Do you have replacement vehicles?
A: Depending on whether you have rental replacement coverage with your claim, we can provide a Key Auto Body Loaner, Hertz or Enterprise rental vehicle on site.
Q: Is your work guaranteed?
A: Yes, we offer a limited-lifetime warranty on all of our workmanship and materials. View our guarantee here.
Q: What sets you apart from the other shops in your area?
A: We will deliver a replacement vehicle to your door step, pick up your vehicle, perform the highest quality repairs, handle all of the insurance claim work once you’ve filed a claim, and then deliver your car right back to your doorstep looking absolutely beyond expectations! We will bend over backwards for you. Not only will you be amazed at how your car looks after repair, our customer service staff will ensure you the quickest, convenient auto collision repair experience you’ll ever have!
Q: What is a teardown?
A: A teardown is what we call it when we have to take parts off of vehicles (usually bumpers) in order to write a more accurate estimate. Teardowns usually take an hour or two depending on what type of car you have and how bad the damage is.
Q: What if we find damage that the adjuster did not?
A: After a vehicle is dis assembled for repairs and additional damage is found, Key Auto Body then documents the additional damage on the estimate as supplemental repairs, as well as, photographs all additional repairs.
We handle all of the supplemental process with the insurance company for you. All additional repairs must be authorized by you before proceeding.